What a great week it was! I reached all my goals for it and more importantly – uploaded my first cover in a very long time.
It was much fun to practice and record it, but the downside of cover making is that it took almost all my practicing time. So in order to progress through the course faster I’ll try do do one every month or so. Just to practice something else useful in between.
The goals for this week were:
- [Done] Play all six 1234 combinations I managed to get to 300 bpm across the whole neck at the same speed
- [Done] Record When I Come Around and make it into a video
- [Done] Start implementation of Modules 12-13 routines
My goals for the next week:
- Play at least three 1234 combinations starting with 2 at 300 bpm
- Increase my ring-pinky endurance and precision in 12-13-14-23-24-34 exercise
- Find notes on all strings in fretboard knowledge exercise in less than 1:30
- Watch through Module 13 again and start the ear training
As always there is a video with some details.
1234 on the 1-12 frets – 8th notes at 170 bpm → 16th notes at 90 bpm
1243 on the 1-12 frets – 8th notes at 150 bpm (increasing consistency)
1324 – 8th notes at 150 bpm (on the 5th fret → on the 1-12 frets)
1342 – 8th notes at 150 bpm (on the 5th fret → on the 1-12 frets)
1423 – 8th notes at 150 bpm (on the 5th fret → on the 1-12 frets)
1432 – 8th notes at 150 bpm (on the 5th fret → on the 1-12 frets)
12-13-14-23-24-34 on the 5th fret – 8th notes at 100 bpm → 8th notes at 120 bpm
Module 12 pattern – 120 bpm
Green Day – When I Come Around [Cover]
Imagine Dragons – Demons [Thumb snare + Palm muting]