I forgot about these routines which are pretty useful. Last time it was Am/E chords transitions and it was very easy. Today the trickier ones come to place.
For now the trickier chord for me to change to it C. It’s about the index finger which become situated too close to the bottom of the fretboard. It’s not as convenient regarding the way I hold the neck while I play. Will ask about it in the week 2 summary.
It appeared to be the hardest one for me, so I gradually went down to 80 bpm and practiced at that speed.
After other exercises I returned to this chord transition and did it once more at 90 bpm.
It was the easiest one today, because basically you just need to move the ring finger and slide middle one a bit. So here it goes at 120 bpm.
It went quite well, I set the metronome to 100 bpm and did it for a minute as I was supposed to.
I started with my previous best speed – 120 bpm.
Then I tried to do what I failed to do yesterday – go through the whole sheet at 140 bpm multiple times in a row without any errors. And I nailed it this time!
1234 on the 5th fret
Again, yesterday I failed at 180 bpm, today I managed to do it the right way.
And then I proceeded to 200 bpm. Should practice more to decrease the number of errors, but it was decent for sure.
As always I filmed the first attempt, which ended in 2:15.
Then I practiced a few times and got my new record there – 1:52! Unfortunately I didn’t repeat it on camera. This attempt was in 1:55.
I’m happy with my results today. I’m starting to formulate what I will ask in the week 2 summary to increase my technique and dexterity and some other stuff.